SOLVED Just updated to Catalina 10.15.5

Reaction score
why does it still say 'safari' up top left ?

still says 'safari', too, on the icon that U click on to show all your favorite places.

under the apple it says Catalina OS 'about this Mac'.

I got MacBook Air 13 in. one

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I apologize, but I am a little confused on what the issue you are asking about is?

It will say Safari in the top left when you are currently using the Safari application, and will change to whatever application you switch to: i.e. Finder, Mail, etc.

You can access About This Mac from the  menu in the top left of the screen, and it will give you information about the Mac and the version of macOS.

If you can clarify a bit, we may be able to help out,

C

Reaction score
Oh, it's suppose to say that then LOL The 'about this Mac' says 'Mac OS Catalina'. I got Sahara on the mini cube and on this MacBook Air I got Catalina now, and Safari up at the top left. I'm all confused. LOL When I updated to Catalina they put bunch of stuff in it that I'm not interested in, so, just deleted it. I phone business, etc.

I guess the theory in updating to a new OS is it's suppose to be more secure ?

Reaction score
I meant to say 'High Sierra' on the Mac Mini cube and Safari on the upper left
On the laptop it says Safari on the upper left, but, the system is Catalina
Too much terminology. LOL

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, it will change what it says in the menu bar there depending on the application your are using. The other menu bar functions will change too, depending on what the software can do.

When using Finder:

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 20.16.32.png

When using Safari:

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 20.16.24.png

About This Mac shows information about your Mac's hardware, version of OS X/macOS (High Sierra or Catalina for example), etc.
Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 20.18.21.png

Hope that helps a bit,

C

Ask a Question