Itunes, Quicktime, and Other Programs Doing Some Really Weird Stuff

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a macbook running mac osx 10.4.10. In the last few days, I have been unble to to access the the tabs at the top of the screen on most programs (the File Edit View Tools Window Help etc) tabs. I click on the tabs with my mouse and nothing happens.

Even weirder is quicktime. Also starting in the last couple of days, the volume level will slowly slide to zero unless I click on the volume level, select the top value and do not stop clicking. The moment I let go of the mouse the volume will automatically slide to zero. Similarly, in itunes, if I put the mouse cursor over the volume level it will slowly slide to zero. But thats not as big of a problem because as long as I don't leave my mouse over the volume level selector it will remain at whatever its current level is.

So I have absolutely no idea what's going with my computer. If anyone has any insights i would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello Tk42 and Welcome!

Have you tried restarting your computer? If so, let's try this. Go to your Applications folder --> Utilities --> Open Disk Utility --> Make sure the First Aid tab is selected --> Select your Hard Drive on the left side --> Click Repair Disk Permissions --> After it has competed, restart your computer. Then try running those programs again.

Let us know how this works out with you.

Cheerio
Searay

Ask a Question