Itunes Error Message

Reaction score
I was in the process of downloading music on Limewire and adding the new songs to my Itunes collection when Itunes got overwhelmed and I had to "force quit" the app. I tried to restart Itunes as I usually do, and it didn't open. It didn't even give me a message. I tried opening Finder, and then opening Itunes from the applications folder, and it gave me the message : The operation could not be completed. An unexpected error occured (error code -600).
As anyone would understand, I cannot afford to lose my Itunes music and I'm very nervous!! Please help !
Thank you!

p.s. i have a Mac OS X version 10.4.11

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Your iTunes music is kept in:

YourUserAccount ~> Music ~> iTunes ~> iTunes Music

If you are concerned about losing your music then you can make a backup copy of the iTunes Music folder and you'll have covered your bases. In fact you probably should burn the folder to disc for safe keeping as I know the feeling when it comes to my music collection .....

Regarding the error, try launching Disc Utility and repairing Permissions then restart and try iTunes then ....

If it's still not operating properly quit the app then holding the Option key, launch it again and you'll see a dialogue box asking you to "Choose An iTunes Libary". Just navigate to your Music folder and select the iTunes Library there ....

See how you go.

Ask a Question