Is Malwarebytes the best protection for my MAC Pro?

Sky

Reaction score
You're most welcome! I actually did not know that fact either until I saw the article earlier today.

I'm intrigued also, in that Apple did not previously state that such a patch was included. Maybe we need a real detective (Columbo and/or Sherlock Holmes) to help us out!
We do need a modern day Columbo or sherlock. I've read some blogs saying High Sierra isn't working so good and maybe the patch is something to do with it? Has anyone read a blog saying High sierra is working fine? and does anyone know of what intel processors are effected and what ones are not? Is all I've heard is that they are all affected in the last 10 years? and no reports saying the latest processors are ok. ..

Sky

Reaction score
Reaction score
We do need a modern day Columbo or sherlock. I've read some blogs saying High Sierra isn't working so good and maybe the patch is something to do with it? Has anyone read a blog saying High sierra is working fine? and does anyone know of what intel processors are effected and what ones are not? Is all I've heard is that they are all affected in the last 10 years? and no reports saying the latest processors are ok. ..

OK, this link contains a list of all affected Intel processors:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/324...ors/intel-responds-to-the-cpu-kernel-bug.html

As for High Sierra, some of us here (me included) are having success with High Sierra. For myself, the only issue is that High Sierra is slower than Sierra. However, that is only at start up, or when switching start up devices. Also, that time to do those tasks is improving. I'm hoping that the soon-to-be release of the next High Sierra update, OS 10.13.3, will address this "speed" issue.

I am willing to bet that folks who are having issues with High Sierra did not plan the "upgrade" very well. THe tasks needed for a successful upgrade are:

1. Make backups to an external device.

2. Perform disk cleanup, maintenance, and repairs, from a software perspective.

3. Insure that all third party apps one uses are 1) up to date, and 2) are compatible with High Sierra.

4. Do a fresh, clean, "virgin" installation of High Sierra.

Unfortunately, a number of folks just click on the "upgrade" button that Apple "provides" with their ads for High Sierra without some or all of the first 3 of those above-mentioned tasks/considerations.

Last edited:

Ask a Question