Internet explorer - problems ?

Reaction score
Re: Welcome

Although I've had my imac, os 9, for a few years, have had to teach myself since so much advice that is available is not given in plain terms that a novice can understand.

As a result I've run into a few problems. The latest is: Thinking that I had too much unnecessary stuff on my imac, I started to throw things out. I threw out the MS Internet library in error and now when I try to click on my IE icon I get the message "An error occured loading the MS Internet Library(PPC). Reinstalling should solve the problem."

Well, I found a copy and stuck it everywhere I could think of and nothing worked. The amazing thing is that if I click on an explorer website I saved on my desktop it will open explorer.

This seems like a lot to lay on you and even if you can't help I appreciate being able to unload this frustration.

Thanks---Mop

Ric

Reaction score
Re: Internet explorer - help?

Hi Mop,

thanks for joining, there's generally no harm in having a good old clearout, but I would be a bit carefull of removing things from the system folder unless you know what they are.

I haven't got access to a Mac with OS 9 right at the minute, but the file should be in System Folder/Extensions/MS Library Folder

Best to do a find first and get rid of all the extra files you've put around, and then drop a copy into the MS Library Folder.

Restart and give it a go. If anything is not clear then please ask, we're here to help !

Regards

Ric

Ask a Question