Interesting Problem

Reaction score
I've got an issue with my Macbook pro (2009) running OSX 10.6.3.

Every time I try to open/save/upload a file using the file selection dialogue, my computer freezes. It's very annoying and possibly fatal to a student such as myself who needs the laptop for assignments and such.

The problem is not isolated. I've tried opening files in Photoshop, Word, Firefox, and iTunes. I've tried to save files in Word and Textwrangler. I've tried uploading files with Gmail. All these have had the same result: a spinning beachball and program crash. It's annoying to say the least.

Can somebody please help me??? This is not an easily solvable problem (I've already tried restarting, repairing the disk, scanning for viruses, and restoring a few programs, nothing works).

Reaction score
I'm also having a problem with Mac crashes. Seems to happen in different operating systems and applications. Safari, Firefox, Garageband. Very randomly now. No particular action that makes it happen. I've tried doing the same things. Rebooting, Disk Utility/repair disc, unplugging every wire for 5 minutes, etc. It's been happening consistently several times a day. I'm using an older iMac with OS 4.1.3 Tiger. Other than using Garageband and iTunes a lot, and paying bills, check email, shop and surf for info for school, I don't do much else on it.

Ask a Question