Interesting "Notes" about SuperDuper! and High Sierra Compatibility

Reaction score
As most folks know, I rely on SuperDuper! for my backups, and it is one of the programs I require to be compatible with each Mac OS. I have been following the developments that Shirt Pocket Software (they make SuperDuper!) has been taking for coming up with a version of SuperDuper! that is compatible with High Sierra, and here is the latest:

http://www.shirt-pocket.com/blog/index.php/comments/the_beta_7_spooktacular/

This HFS+/APFS "business" is certainly important, and it appears it can be an issue. Shirt Pocket is certainly making their best efforts to get it completely resolved, but it is becoming a definite challenger! As it is, all of my drives (Samsung SSD, both internal and external) are currently all formatted as HFS+. From what I have read, the "new"/most recent version of SuperDuper!, V2.9.2, works "fine" with SSDs, but I am still going to wait. As it is, one other critical product for me, Tech Tool Pro, still does not have a High Sierra update available (i suspect they are encountering issues with High Sierra).

Ask a Question