installing xp

Reaction score
hi i m new to mac and recently just bought a mac book pro i would like to install xp on my mac which is running the new osx leopard with bootcamp already installed onto it.
i would like some step by step help in installing xp on to my system as i dont want to mess it up. is there any link or guide in how i can get round this issue problem free as i m really scared of messing my system up thanks for help :confused:

Reaction score
hi people i have managed to install xp on to the mac after 2hrs or worry it finally came through. I got help from downloading the pdf in how to use boot camp in the apple web site and followed the instructions step by step. If any one else is going to try installing it i do advise to read the pdf before doing anything, it really does help.
So good luck to any one else who is going to try installing xp. :biggrin:

Reaction score
HELP

I have tried to install xp on a new macbookpro. The pdf on page 9 shows a blue windows screen, with the bottom choise (bootcamp partition) highlighted. I can get this far. the apple instructions in the PDF says you must reformat the partition but also says do not delete or create any partitions. However at this point I have 3 options press enter ... windows immediatley begins loading without giving me on option to reformat. press D.... to delete the partition or F3 to quit. How do you reformt the partition without deleting it?

I tried enter and letting it load. when it restarts you get a disk error
I tried D and deleted the partition and creating an new on and reformating again no go.
Yes I did first repartition the disk with bootcamp to 32Gb for windows.

any help appreciated

Reaction score
Finally got it to work. I think the problem was the OEM disk. Apple warned me not to use it. I solved the problem by using a system restore disk from my other daughters recently purchased Dell laptop. It has Vista. When bootcamp asked for the install disk I used the Vista disk first. Vista allows formatting from the first page. I formatted the disk then canceled the installation. I then ejected the disk and put in the XP disk and restarted the system. It went directly to the XP. I then selected disk C and it installed and ran.

Hope this helps someone else

Ask a Question