Installing new OS

Reaction score
I have a POWERBOOK G4 ALUMINUM 15” 1.5 GHZ running 10.3.9. I'm finally getting around to installing Leopard 10.5 and iLife '08. Just wondering if there is anything I should do before I start like defrag the hardrive. Also does Leopard include classic? Thanks for any help or tips.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth.

Reaction score
Hello! I have (or had, if it doesnt come back fixed from the repair shop) the same computer, albeit a 12" and it runs 10.5. Leopard does not come with classic as far as i know. However, I believe there are freeware solutions that fix that problem. In any case i thought i would miss classic and i dont. true i cant use my pirated copy of hypercard but it isnt much of a loss.

I personally make a carbon copy (using carbon copy cloner) of my hd on an external drive and install the os clean. This allows you, through a little bit of effort, to reorganize all your files. Installing clean makes your computer run faster and increases your productivity if you take the time to.

Otherwise, defrag if you own a defragger, but dont bother if you dont own one. Enjoy 10.5!

-Mr. Macware

Ask a Question