Installer keeps crashing

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post and I hope someone can help me. I have an Intel-based iMac (bought in May 2006) and I haven't really done much to it since buying it, i.e. I haven't installed any major programs or software. All I really use it for is Internet, music, and photos. My problem is this: every time I try and install something new (whether it be a software update or whatever), my installer crashes and says something to the effect of "Installer quit unexpectedly. Please try again."

Any idea why this is happening and what, if anything, I can do to remedy it? I;m anxious to get this fixed because I'm trying to get remote access set up so I can work from home, and that won't happen unless I'm actually able to install the correct programs.

Thanks so much.

Reaction score
I'm not sure why this is happening. You might try a simple maintenance routine to see if it fixes the problem. Run Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility). Open the application, select the mounted volume for your hard drive and click "repair disk permissions."

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post and I hope someone can help me. I have an Intel-based iMac (bought in May 2006) and I haven't really done much to it since buying it, i.e. I haven't installed any major programs or software. All I really use it for is Internet, music, and photos. My problem is this: every time I try and install something new (whether it be a software update or whatever), my installer crashes and says something to the effect of "Installer quit unexpectedly. Please try again."

Any idea why this is happening and what, if anything, I can do to remedy it? I;m anxious to get this fixed because I'm trying to get remote access set up so I can work from home, and that won't happen unless I'm actually able to install the correct programs.

Thanks so much.
Hello, which OS version are you running?

Ask a Question