In my next life, I...

Reaction score
I was born with Oculotaniuus Albinism. Yes, I am an Albino. My vision is 2200 in both eyes. Glasses do not work for me because I was born with optic nerve damage. One out of my 1 trillion optic nerves is infected. Basically, they would have to remove my brain while keeping me alive, then find the "bad nerve" which is like finding a needle in a haystack. It's really hard to explain all of the details. Hopefully, that clarifies everything!

Searay

Reaction score
... oh... I see *startled*. Sorry to hear, I don't know anyone that is albino, though I know _of_ at least one other person (a friend of one of my cousins).

Reaction score
Ah, I see. No problem Daydreamer. People are always asking me and it doesn't bother me one bit. I guess it's my optimistic personality. :)

Searay

Reaction score
I feel like I'm already getting a chance to experience my "next life." Six years ago I began to have intense pain in my left leg, but the doctors insisted it was only a pulled muscle and prescribed physical therapy. My family's concern was that it may be rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia, as my grandfather had both, and my aunt has fibromyalgia. After going to the dotcor 4 times over a year and a half, I finally got a nurse practitioner who actually wanted to figure out what was wrong, and took x-rays looking for arthritis or bone spurs. She didn't find those, but she did find a massive tumor that had been basically "eating" my pelvic bone. The pain I was feeling was my bones breaking. The doctors kicked in to high gear, got me seen by an orthopedic oncologist with no appointment, and a week later I went in for major surgery. After surgery the orthopedic oncologist, who performed the surgery, said that based on the bone damage, she was shocked that I'd actually been able to walk in to the hospital for my surgery under my own power. The entire left half of my pelvic bone and the bone above my hip joint were replaced with corral, which "grew" to become the same strength, density and shape of the bones that belong there. Fortunately, the orthopedic onclogist determined that while the tumor was very aggressive and destructive, it was not cancerous. Following surgery I could not walk for 6 months. A month before I relearned how to walk my husband decided he didn't want to be married anymore. While traumatic at the time, I've found that I still measure my life in terms of "before surgery" and "after surgery." Since my recovery I've lived as if I have a new chance at life, doing the things I'd wanted to do but not done... going back to school, learning to ride a motorcycle, and generally enjoying life... I cherish every moment I spend with my godson, even the times he drives me crazy asking "Why?" as only a 5 year old can... Now, if there's something I want to do in my next life I do it in this one...

SwampWitch

Reaction score
In my next life, I want to have a mother or father who cares for and has unconditional love for me, so I wouldn't have to go through my childhood and young adulthood figuring it all out on my own. I would like for that parent to not be physically and emotionally abusive, too, and not so completely narcissistic that that s/he is void of empathy and incapable of giving or receiving love. Even as an adult, I'd like to be able to turn to a parent for guidance or support when there is a problem, instead of receiving guilt, blame, harsh words, and a lecture on my imperfections. When I do something amazing, or receive an award or compensation for my work, I would like to have a parent who does not belittle what I've done, or try to take credit for it. I would like a parent who does not need constant stroking and praise in order to like me. It wouldn't have to be a great parent, just a usual one with good points and faults like most everyone has. It's good to be a survivor; if it doesn't break you it makes you strong, but next time around, I'd really like to experience the parent-thing everybody else seems to take for granted. That is my wish.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Reaction score
Gosh. I was only going to say I'd like to be taller.

:rolleyes:

No, seriously... in my next life, I want to be less timid! I want to try more difficult things, take more emotional risks, and not be so afraid of committing myself to something or someone. Maybe that would allow me to find my purpose in life before it's too late for me to fulfill it.

Ask a Question