In my next life, I...

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Just for fun, finish the sentence, "In my next life, I..."

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. In my next life, I want to be a storm chaser in Tornado Alley!

SwampWitch

Reaction score
With our basset hound, and Searay driving, we'll explore areas that possibly have tornadoes. :)

Reaction score
With our basset hound, and Searay driving, we'll explore areas that possibly have tornadoes. :)

I would be an ever-so-lazy Basset hound with extra-ordinarily long ears, and would therefore require a rather comfortable basket, and an elastic band around my head and under my chin.

hound.jpeg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

"In my next life, I would want to be a singer."

C

P.S. SwampWitch - if you have ever been IN a tornado, you wouldn't wish that! ;)

SwampWitch

Reaction score
I have been in a few tornadoes... it's exhilarating! Besides, a good storm chaser stays OUT of the tornadoes.

But now it's important to see my little girl grow up. Hey, I thought you LIKED danger!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. I guess "in" the tornadoes isn't completely accurate. What do you call it when the four by fours from the construction site down the street are flying horizontally through the air? If you're in Texas, and the sky gets dark, and the light that's left turns an eerie green, and the hairs on the back of your neck start standing up, you should run for cover! I've been in a few hurricanes, too, that spawned tornadoes. But that all happened back when I was very young, foolish, and believed I was invincible.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Oh, I do! I was only recommending that to others. ;)

C

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Reaction score
Skydiving is SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

Anyway, In my next life, I want to not only drive, but I would like to be lazy!!! LOL

Reaction score
In my next life, I would like to live without being in pain. I have spent the last 12 years of my life in pain every day due to lupus/fibromyalgia/arhtritis and I honestly cannot remember what it was like to have a single day of my life without pain.

I dream many times of what just one single day would be like without pain. I dream about playing with my children, giving them the attention they deserve instead of snippets of myself when I am able to get out of bed.

I dream of running with them and we are all laughing, I dream of walking with them and we are all talking, I dream of cuddling them and we all feel warm and secure.

If I had to have a limb amputated for just one day of pain-free existence, I would gladly do it because it is heartbreaking to see my children grow up before my very eyes without being pro-active in their life.

Just cuddling them hurts, and I would love to cuddle them forever!

So I don't crave for fame, or the latest Mac computer (although that would be nice), or even having money, all I would like is to live without this intense and disabling pain.

I apologise for being a little deep, but I am in a severe flare at the moment and in so much pain I find it extremely difficult to cope, and expressing myself helps somewhat - so thankyou for this thread :)

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!

Sorry to digress but, Kyomii, your story is very moving!!! It has the same tone, in my opinion at least, as Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech. I strongly feel (and others had said this to me as well) that people with disabilities tend to be more humble. They/we don't take things for granted. (See below)

I know what it is like to have a disability. I have to live with one for the rest of my life! Granted, your condition prohibits you from moving which his heart-breaking. That I cannot relate to.

But what I really like about your speech, Kyomii, is that it is a constant reminder that you should not take anything for granted. You never know when something could happen in your life that is life changing. "Live everyday as if it was your last."

Oh man, what would I give to have normal vision for a day so I could drive a car!!!

Sorry again for the digression and I hope this doesn't make anyone feel depressed. But Kyomii's story is very touching. We all can learn from it.

Cheers
Searay

Reaction score
In my next life I... ah, what the heck, I've only gone through between 1/5 and 1/4 of this one yet (of course, entirely depending on how old I'll get), let's see how the rest of this story goes before making wishes/plans for the next.

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Hey, you guys are great and you've completely caught the spirit of the thread.

Kyomii, I hope in your next life you are an Olympic athlete who has a different meaning for "pushing your body to the limit."

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Reaction score
Thankyou so much Searay for the nice comments :)

It is so true how many of us take things for granted in life, and really we tend to complain about things that we should take in our stride.

I do try to embrace life to the best of my ability, and I fight each day the best way I know how. I often think of others who are worse off then myself and their courage helps me get through.

I consider myself lucky in the fact that I have a roof over my head, I have enough food to eat, and I have four lovely children. (Okay I am bias!)

Here is my youngest, Connor

My daughter, Tanisha

My second oldest, Jason

My oldest, Damien, on the left. (He is almost 19 now, he is about 14 on the picture, how time flies!)

When the pain gets bad, I imagine what it would be like to be outside in the bitter cold and dealing with the same pain, and that makes me appreciate that at least I am in a nice warm bed :)

You never know what you had until it is gone is a very true saying!

You are a very strong person Searay, and I feel that you cope with your difficulties very well indeed. You seem like a positive person too, which is what I try to be because positivity is very important in such situations. :)

@ Swampwitch - I don't know about being an athlete LOL - I have never been much good at any sports. :eek:

Reaction score
One thing I often do not think about, as it's been a part of me since I was 6 and I've (not really) learnt to handle well: my diabetes. That's one thing I would be better off without. Though, it's quite minor compared to your disabilities Kyomii.

Oh, and... cannot drive because of bad eyesight, searay? Even with glasses? I know I can't see the cursor on the screen or the letters on the keyboard if it's more than 20 cm away without mine, but still, I can and am allowed to drive as long as I wear them, and check my eyes once a year for any changes (well... "can", when I've learnt how to, I'm currently training for my driver's license).

Ask a Question