Importing data to 'address book'

Reaction score
Hi,

A few weeks ago I had to replace the hard drive on my macbook (purchased 2008). The technician installed Mac OS X, 10.6.6 on the new drive.

I took the old drive to a data recovery company and they were able to recover the data. I have been able to transfer all of the recovered data to the new hard drive with the exception of the data for the mac applications - ical, mail, address book.
I especially want to be able to get the address book info that was on the old hard drive.

Mac OS X, 10.5.8 was installed on the old drive. Old address book was version 4.1.2 and new address book is version 5.0.3.

Thanks

:confused:

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for posting. I have the exact same issue.
My old iMac with AddressBook v.4.1.2 took a dump. Bought a new iMac with v.5.0.3, put the old HD in an enclosure and have been accessing files from it via the new iMac but cannot figure out how to retrieve the old AddressBook contact files/data.

I tried moving the files from Users > Library > Application Support > AddressBook > Metadata folder from the old HD to the same location in the new HD, but when I opened AddrssBk in the new iMac (5.0.3) the contacts did not show.

Please let me know if you resolved this, or if anyone else has a solution.

Regards, Kenny
:confused:

Ask a Question