Imovie 10.1.8 Availability

Reaction score
Help! My wife's Imac-mid 2009, running High Sierra. So it runs slow..I understand that issue (hard drive). My mid 2010 runs just fine. However, she now wants to use Imovie and the 9.06 version is too old and her computer won't download 10.1.14. people recommend 10.1.8 for her system. However, I cannot find a downloadable version anywhere! Seems like you can get 9.06 or earlier, or 10.1.14, that's your choices. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't keep older point release versions available after they have been updated. They do keep some older versions around for compatibility with older versions of OS X/macOS.

We'd be happy to help troubleshoot the slowness of her iMac. That can be due to several things:
-Low free disk space
-Utilities like MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, antivirus running in the background
-A few settings you can change in  > System Preferences.. > Accessibility due to the older graphics card
Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 09.09.32.png

Let us know, and we'll work from there.

C

Ask a Question