Imac

Reaction score
Hi, I tried to install Monterey on an imac. Kept saying 29 minutes left on install. At 27 minutes I receive an error occurred applying software. Now I am unable to go anywhere on computer

Reaction score
Hi, I tried to install Monterey on an imac. Kept saying 29 minutes left on install. At 27 minutes I receive an error occurred applying software. Now I am unable to go anywhere on computer
What method did you use to install macOS 12? It will really help if you gave us information regarding the model of your iMac (Model Identifier, taken from About This Mac… and System Report, provides almost all the information except for upgrades and options you added. Your Model Identifier will take the form, iMac##,#.

But since your iMac has apparently been trashed, you may have to find that information elsewhere. How are you sending these posts?

Reaction score
What method did you use to install macOS 12? It will really help if you gave us information regarding the model of your iMac (Model Identifier, taken from About This Mac… and System Report, provides almost all the information except for upgrades and options you added. Your Model Identifier will take the form, iMac##,#.

But since your iMac has apparently been trashed, you may have to find that information elsewhere. How are you sending these posts?
I am sending on samsung android phone. I just clicked upper right screen prompt on Imac to install. Never checked for a day or so. Came back and screen said software install error. Can't do anything. On restart Apple logo appears and progress bar below that creeps along to about a quarter of the way and freezes. That is when 29 minutes remaining appears again.Only thing that appears upper left is apple icon that only allows shutdown or restart.

Reaction score
I am sending on samsung android phone. I just clicked upper right screen prompt on Imac to install. Never checked for a day or so. Came back and screen said software install error. Can't do anything. On restart Apple logo appears and progress bar below that creeps along to about a quarter of the way and freezes. That is when 29 minutes remaining appears again.Only thing that appears upper left is apple icon that only allows shutdown or restart.

Reaction score
Try this. Maybe we could get lucky. With the keyboard connected, and the Mac connected to wifi, reboot into Recovery (Cmd-R). When Recovery comes up, without bothering to run Disk Utility, select to install macOS. You may have to sign into your wifi network. It will offer the latest version that your Mac will run.

Go through the installation process and when it’s done, keep your fingers crossed that you will got the login screen.

Ask a Question