iMac screen cracked

Reaction score
Long story short, I was moving my iMac room-to-room, and left it on my (cushion) chair, thinking it was stable. I then bent down to clear some stuff off the floor, when- BAM! Next thing I see is the back of my Mac facing me, with the keyboard buried under it, with two keys popped out.

I switched it on, worked fine - except...there's a crack on the top-left of my screen. Checked everything else: data, iSight, USB ports, keyboard/mouse - all working fine.

So I cracked a part of the screen on my iMac and am wondering what I should go about doing next? I've researched on this matter and every person that this has happened to, seemed to have payed an enormous amount of money to fix this.

From what I hear/read, I shouldn't even bother calling Apple, cos they don't take responsibility for this kind of stuff. So I was wondering if anyone could give me heads-up on what steps I should take or some sort of service that will kindly take my iMac in and replace the LCD for a fair price.

Additional notes: I'm in the UK. I have the previous iMac (white) 17" 2GHz.

Would appreciate any help, thank you.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Burim and welcome !

Is the Mac still under AppleCare ?

Do you have contents insurance ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for replying.

No, unfortunately I didn't register to Apple Care when I bought my iMac. And insurance was only 28-day guarentee from date of purchase. I've had the Mac for over a year now.

Reaction score
Is there any more suggestions about this? I heard if you have home insurance, it'll pay off the damage and any company would fix it for free?

(Sorry for the double post, but it's been like 5 weeks now).

Reaction score
Is there any more suggestions about this? I heard if you have home insurance, it'll pay off the damage and any company would fix it for free?

(Sorry for the double post, but it's been like 5 weeks now).

Do you have home insurance?

Ask a Question