iMac Essentials

Reaction score
I recently bought a new iMac and want to know how to work it. Apparently it has video capability which my previous one didn't. I've tried to get iMac Essentials, a 99 page manual, but every attempt to download it fails. "View in Apple Books" produces a 2 page .pdf containing technical advice about disposal and safety, and advising: Review the iMac Essentials guide before using iMac. This takes me back to the place I came from. Can anyone tell me, step by step, how to get hold of this manual?

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I would try starting in the iBooks app, sign in with your Apple ID, search for iMac Essentials, and click Get.

Let me know if that works.

C

Reaction score
I signed in, went to iMac Essentials, but couldn't find "Get" or any option to download. The reviews have many people having the same problem over the last 5 years.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I was able to download it from the U.S. iBooks Store. I wonder if there may be an issue in the U.K. iBooks Store? I do see there are two versions in the U.K.:

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 13.54.30.png

C

Reaction score
This is what I get: [Oops! We ran into some problems.
The uploaded file is too large.] It was a screenshot. A smaller one was also too big.

Both your links don't have the "Get" that your examples show. I don't understand how you can access the UK versions, as you show, but I can't.

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, the links go to a web page...you need to click the View in Apple Books link to see in the Books application.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 16.33.37.png

I just switched to the United Kingdom iBooks (High Sierra) Store at the bottom of the window.

Maybe try signing out and back into the Book Store?

C

Reaction score
None of the sites I access have "United Kingdom iBooks (High Sierra) Store at the bottom of the window." I went through the Apple menus to find UK, but couldn't find iMac Essentials on any of them. The nearest to what I wanted was:
Screenshot 2020-10-31 at 23.03.58.png

But when I clicked on the blue link, I got:
Screenshot 2020-10-31 at 23.04.18.png

Either Apple has stupidified me, or something strangely paradoxical is going on.

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Here is a link to the iMac Essentials website listed in the Info Guide:

I meant in the iBooks (on High Sierra) or Books (Catalina) application, I switched to the United Kingdom store at the bottom:
Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 7.28.09 PM.png

C

Ask a Question