I'm trying to find detailed browser history

Reaction score
Hi there,

A few days ago I bought a holiday online and the travel agent is saying I purchased one thing, but I know I bought another ($1000 cheaper than what we are now paying for). I can easily find the page where we were given the options as to what package we picked from, however I'm looking for the confirmation page that came up after we made the purchase.

Unfortunately this travel agent has a clause saying their system can be prone to computer glitches and uno;less I can prove otherwise I have to pay :(

I am not computer savy so I'm hoping someone out there can help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Normally, when you use a travel site, all of your search parameters are generated on the fly. They are stored in Internet cache files, but usually expire after your session or a few minutes. That is why when you try to go back, it will sometime prompt you with a pop-up window asking if you are sure you want to send the form again.

You could look in your browser's history and try to revisit the page, but most of the time, it doesn't actually save the search criteria. When I purchase things like this, I always print the confirmation page in the browser to a PDF, just in case.

Did you get an email receipt of your purchase that may be of help with your case?

Good luck and sorry it wasn't better news.

C

Ask a Question