I'm trying to autoconnect to my N.A.S when one a specific network?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to mac's as evidenced by this question that may or may not be solveable.

Detail;
I've just got a new MacBook running OS X 10.4.8 (1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, with 768mb SDRAM (667MHz) and a 60gb HD).

Having moved to MAC from a PC desktop with about 400gb of music / video on two external USB hard drives. I'm now running them through a linksys N.A.S device that hooks up to my Linksys hub / router with wireless G.

Now to get to my music on the network I have to click on the HD icon on destop and go through the network / *network name* / disk 1 then again to disk 2 (one for movies and one for videos.

(Hope that's enough detail) so now for my question)

Question;

How do i get my mac to auto connect to disk one and disk 2 whenever i'm connected to my home network, and obviously only to atempt to do this when i'm at home and not at my work network??

I've had a look at automater which doesn't seem to be the obvious solution to this problem.

I've asked my mac guru (who got the mac for me and has used mac all his life) and can't think of anything obvious.

Many thanks

Jeshua

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

the easiest non automatic way...

Mount the two drives, then select each one and make an Alias of it.

Then when you are home, just double click each icon to mount the drive, saves going through Network etc...

This could be Automated to a one click solution using Automator if you want...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question