I'm in dire need of some help.

Reaction score
Hey all,
New to the forums here and I'm hoping someone here can help me out. In the last week, my hard drive breakdown is now reading as follows http://imgur.com/ucybKkG As you can see, my computer is now showing that I've got almost 91 gigs of my little 251 gig ssd filled up with local backups. Now I run time machine on an external hdd so this shouldn't even be here. Normally I'd just delete the un needed backup files off of my computer but I can't even locate them. I've tried using apple's customer service but my warranty is up and I don't want to be charged $20 to have them just look at it. Is there anyone here that could offer some help?

System Info: 2012 MacBook pro Retina model, OS X version 10.8.3

Thanks for taking the time to check out this post.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Not sure if this helps but device backups should be here,
~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

Remember TM can create hourly daily weekly etc backups, and these will be stored in a folder that's named the current date and time, so also try a spotlight search using a date stamp.

Reaction score
Thank you so much oldscribe. You've saved me and my computer. I was losing hair over this.

Ask a Question