I'm getting hijacked and url's are being redirected

Reaction score
It started a couple of days ago and for the life of me I can't isolate this problem.
Now I know I'll probably get a lot of flack from this cause I know that some sites are not to be trusted. The problem begins when I click on a movie in Xtube. I immediately get re-directed to an unwanted site.
I haven't been able to view anything on xtube. Then I get hijacked to these awful pop ups that keep repeating a message no matter if I choose "cancel"or "ok". It just doesn't stop. And then it tries to download an exec. file.
After doing a little research on the problem I found that there are other people having the same problem. Some of the suggestions I tried was to disable java script, no luck, I installed Apple Jack same problem. I installed MACscan and it found 69 instances of spyware. MACscan isolated and removed them but that still didn't fix the problem. I disconnected my router and disabled airport and went back to using the Ethernet Cable. Can anyone think of something to try?. Or is this just the beginning
of having to deal with dreadful viruses and trojans that have plagued PC' users as a way of life?..

karazelle

Reaction score
Just wanted to suggest that you create an additional account on your Mac that is NOT admin and use that whenever you need to access pages you are wary of trusting. It can save you ooodles of trouble.

Ask a Question