i'm a newbie and have an x on my battery icon

Reaction score
i installed a new battery, gone thru many reset sequences(shift, control, alt) and also unplugged battery then hooked magsafe and i still have the x, power light flashes about 5 times before engaging sometimes, and recently ran the test holding the D key while restarting and got error code 4SNS/1/40000000-IPBR-9.165 Can anyone help me please? Thank you for all responses!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

In the future, please post such issues in the appropriate forum on this site. (For future reference, this issue belongs in the "Mac Notebooks" forum).

Now, unfortunately this is a hardware issue, and one needs to take the machine to either an Apple store, or an Apple authorized repair facility. Here are the results of a google search I just did on "Error Code 4SNS/1/40000000-IPBR-9.165":

https://www.google.com/search?q=Err...rome..69i57.3550j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I read some of that first "hit", and all of the second one, and part of the third one. The "repair" is not an easy one at all.

Ask a Question