IF SOMEONE CAN PLEASE ASSIST FOR SOME APPLE TECH

Reaction score
A couple parts got the date 08, but when I ran another number, I got that I have a 2009 white MacBook. It was given to me and I was told the screen does not come on. I repair and build PCs, but know almost nothing about Apple, except the guts is no different. So I opened it up. I found that it had no RAM. So I popped a stick in and BOOM (PC 4200 in a 5300 slot if i should mention), got a bright display. Also no beeps when I started it without RAM. Silence! But however it was just a blank gray, or looking closer it could of been white. So just that white screen, no chimes, and no logo. The power button worked, so I assume the keyboard does. I tried PRAM reset, SMC, holding down option, holding down shift, holding down eject, etc., but no response. I got nothing. The processor is SLGE3 2.0GHz. So Apple guys, do you agree I need a new logic board?? I checked all connections too. Also I should mention that when I tried to put a CD in the slot it wouldn't take it. I heard a sound once as if there was one in it, but the eject key never spit nothing out. So I 'm wondering is my board gone
frown.gif

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Also no beeps when I started it without RAM.
on a Mac you need to hear the Chime, it only Chimes when it has passed all the hardware checks. Silence is not good. Yes, it sounds like something drastic is wrong, there are no user serviceable parts in that model.

Reaction score
on a Mac you need to hear the Chime, it only Chimes when it has passed all the hardware checks. Silence is not good. Yes, it sounds like something drastic is wrong, there are no user serviceable parts in that model.
Thanx. I'll just have to grab a logic board off eBay.

Reaction score
be aware that some models numbers have different parts and cables. I strongly recommend getting a Apple Certified Technician to do this, these aren't PCs...

Reaction score
A couple parts got the date 08, but when I ran another number, I got that I have a 2009 white MacBook. It was given to me and I was told the screen does not come on. I repair and build PCs, but know almost nothing about Apple, except the guts is no different. So I opened it up. I found that it had no RAM. So I popped a stick in and BOOM (PC 4200 in a 5300 slot if i should mention), got a bright display. Also no beeps when I started it without RAM. Silence! But however it was just a blank gray, or looking closer it could of been white. So just that white screen, no chimes, and no logo. The power button worked, so I assume the keyboard does. I tried PRAM reset, SMC, holding down option, holding down shift, holding down eject, etc., but no response. I got nothing. The processor is SLGE3 2.0GHz. So Apple guys, do you agree I need a new logic board?? I checked all connections too. Also I should mention that when I tried to put a CD in the slot it wouldn't take it. I heard a sound once as if there was one in it, but the eject key never spit nothing out. So I 'm wondering is my board gone
frown.gif

Thanks!!
be aware that some models numbers have different parts and cables. I strongly recommend getting a Apple Certified Technician to do this, these aren't PCs...
If I had Apple tech money, I wouldn't being trying to save a 2009 model MacBook. So I got no choice but to chance it. I believe it should go well. I don't see why not, same model, same processor, same GPU, etc. We'll see. It'll be a month or so by now, but I'll let you know how it goes then.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If there is no physical/liquid damage, Apple offers a flat-rate repair. Here in the US, MacBooks fall under the $280 USD plus applicable sales tax. If you are in the US and take it into an Apple Store, they can send it out for the flat-rate repair.

Not sure if that is an option in Europe.

Just an option,

C

Reaction score
Thanx! That's great to know. But unfortunately this Mac is in not in the greatest shape. But I found boards for this model working, as low as $110 on eBay. So I'll just enventually put one in and clean it up and throw a shell case on it, SSD, max the 4 gigs of RAM out, install Win7 & Mavericks and I'm good to go. Of course all this over time. I know the latest OSx is supported on early '09 models and I got the Win7 ISO, so at least I'm good on the OS.

Ask a Question