SOLVED iCloud protection

Reaction score
Since Cory's reassuring words concerning iClouds safety. I did a trial and it works for me. One of the things I want to try next is to share certain parts of the iCloud info with my wife and I know there is a method ('family sharing?) available for that; I was warned that complete sharing may cause confusion and dificulties in disentangling.

But I want to go one(?) step back and my question is just about this: I see that being logged in to the Mac I can open iCloud by just clicking on the iCloud logo in Finder. Maybe this is normal. But is it possible to put an extra hurdle to be taken before entering iCloud? Asking for a different (different from the Apple -ID) password maybe? All this in order for extra protection. After all iCloud is a stronghold next to but oustside that of mij Mac and might be needed.
For my wife's account I then of course have to put up a similar but different protection too, but first this problem.

Thanks for your answers! Dirk
MacBookPro//MacOsMojave 10.14.6

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again.

iCloud will always be available after login, and I don't know of any way to have it prompt you for a password. The best solution if you have multiple people using the same Mac is to create a user account for each person. Then, they will have their iCloud and files avaialble when they login, and no access to other user's files/data. You wouldn't have to logout/.login each time...you could use Fast User Switching. That would keep each user logged in, and you can simply switch to another user by entering a password. All users have access to all applications, but only their files/data.

Switch quickly between users on Mac

Would that help?

C

Ask a Question