iBook won't load properly

Reaction score
Hi there,
I installed some software updates yesterday, but when i tried to restart my iBook gets stuck on the OS X loading screen. The loading bar fully loads but then goes no further. I have tried archiving and reinstalling but i don't have enough space even when i deselect all the available programs.
It's an iBook G4 running on OS X 10.4
Any help would be greatly appreciated, i've got my final exams next week and i really need my laptop working!!

Reaction score
Hi there,
I installed some software updates yesterday, but when i tried to restart my iBook gets stuck on the OS X loading screen. The loading bar fully loads but then goes no further. I have tried archiving and reinstalling but i don't have enough space even when i deselect all the available programs.
It's an iBook G4 running on OS X 10.4
Any help would be greatly appreciated, i've got my final exams next week and i really need my laptop working!!
Hello,
If all of your important files are backed up, you might be better off doing an "Erase and Install" and only putting your necessities back on your Mac, at least until you ace your final exams. Down the road you might want to consider getting an external drive. :)

Ask a Question