iBook G4 won't boot

Reaction score
Cleaning up my mac today I accidentally dumped something vital into the recycling bin. Shortly after, not realizing I had done something dumb, I ran software update and was asked to restart my computer. The computer shut down but did not boot back up. Instead, it got stuck on the gray start-up screen with the apple on it. I've tried retarting multiple times both with and without the original Tiger 10.3 start-up disc. After a few minutes 'Panic(cpu 0 caller 0x002E0368): Unable to find driver for this platform: “PowerBook6, 7”.' with a bunch of other gobbledegook pops up and at the bottom of the screen it reads 'panic: We are hanging here… .' Tried most of the advice in the thread titled "Re: G4 powermac 10.8.2 in endless loop on sign-on" save hooking my mac up to another via firewire. I'm stumped and feel pretty stupid. Please help me.

Reaction score
hey there,
i did the exact same thing on my g4 about a year ago, and i was pretty stressed out. but, as it turns out, i had t reinstall osx and it was all fine. maybe thats what you need to do? hope you had stuff backed up !!
good luck

Ask a Question