I think I lost it in the Trash

Reaction score
I have just emptied the trash and I think there was an Excel document that I would rather not lose, is there a way to retrieve it.
I have only just upgraded to OSX 10.5 and have not set up Time Machine yet as external hard drive is in the post.

Can anyone help.

Thanks
Radleto

iBook G4
1.42 GHz
OS X 10.5

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
The thing with accidentally deleted files is that in order to retrieve them you have to immediately turn your Mac off (linky). Continuing to use it can cause overwriting of the file which although it has been removed from sight is actually still occupying space on your HD.

Your choices then are to contact your nearest AppleStore and hopefully they can help you out. It can be very expensive to do it that way though.

You can also purchase a data retrieval program or download a trial version of one and give it a go yourself .... you need to boot from an external volume and run a data retrieval program from there.

Good luck with it ....

Ask a Question