I rebook my MacBook Pro but still goes slow

Reaction score
Hello there,
Thank you for you existence

I have a MacBook Pro Retina 13" early 2015
I bought it from second hand and I have it 2 years now. Since some months started to stuck specially on Facebook or when I browse on line.
Also the fan use to work like crazy and make a hell of a noise.
Yesterday I did a reboot(format) but it still go slow on Facebook and the fan start working hard while I was on a Skype call.
I wonder if I made a proper reboot (format) since I took some steps of a website.
Also do I have to do something further so the Mac cleans up totally and work better?

P.S I also don't know why the memory separates in two parts (photo)
Do anyone knows what's this?

Thank you in advance!!

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο 2021-01-16, 1.49.42 πμ.png
    Στιγμιότυπο 2021-01-16, 1.49.42 πμ.png
    331.7 KB · Views: 72

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

If it mainly happens when using Safari or Chrome, it may be a software issue. If the fan spins up a lot when doing anything, the vents or fan may have dust or foreign material built up that is blocking the cooling system.

-Which version of macOS? I assume macOS Catalina or Big Sur?
-Do you have an Internet security, third-party utilities like MacKeeper or CleanMyMac, or antivirus software installed?

Apple's current disk formatting (APFS) splits the operating system and user data into separate containers, for security. This is normal behavior. But, I haven't ever seen it displayed in About This Mac > Storage. It may be how you erased the Macintosh HD and reinstalled.

C

Reaction score
Hello there and thanks so much for the answer!

The only thing i installed since i reboot the mac is skype.
I was on Catalina and now i rebooted to Big sur.
I didn't install any security ever, because i though mac is unbreakable (should i find any?)
I went to a shop and i cleaned my mac's inside (hardware) last winter, but even that, it was still using the fan a lot from time to time (the ventil suddenly works so strongly that make noiz and after some minutes it stops again)

"But, I haven't ever seen it displayed in About This Mac > Storage. It may be how you erased the Macintosh HD and reinstalled."
-This was happening since i have the computer. I guess that this is not something i should mind?

Thanks so much!

Ask a Question