I need help with the sound with my 13" macbook pro

Reaction score
Hello,
I have recently notice that my 13" Macbook pro doesn't get all that loud anymore. I have recently got my mac a year ago and I'm not sure what the cause of it. Is there a way I can download a app to enhance the sound quality or make it louder? Thank you

Reaction score
Its a bit sad if you have blown the speakers. They are not designed to play loud, you should get external speakers if you want to play loud.

Check the Volume control on the Menu bar, its the one with the little speaker. Then you can also turn the sound up in iTunes.

But as I said the speakers are not designed for playing loud. We use our AppleTV connected to our large stereo and that just blasts the whole neighbourhood.

Reaction score
Its a bit sad if you have blown the speakers. They are not designed to play loud, you should get external speakers if you want to play loud.

Check the Volume control on the Menu bar, its the one with the little speaker. Then you can also turn the sound up in iTunes.

But as I said the speakers are not designed for playing loud. We use our AppleTV connected to our large stereo and that just blasts the whole neighbourhood.

Thank You for responding
But I don't believe I blew my speakers out because I have not put it that loud to be able to do that. I just notice it when I wanted to play a video on youtube at a certain volume, and it seemed too low and when I adjusted the volume to the highest it can be it was still fairly low. Not sure what I can do from here.

Reaction score
So the problem is just one video?

There is sometimes a volume control on the video playback bar as well.

Maybe they didn't record the sound load enough?

If the system sound is up then the problem is with the file, perhaps contact the creator of the file and ask them to publish it with better sound quality.

Reaction score
So the problem is just one video?

There is sometimes a volume control on the video playback bar as well.

Maybe they didn't record the sound load enough?

If the system sound is up then the problem is with the file, perhaps contact the creator of the file and ask them to publish it with better sound quality.
No sorry I didn't clarify I tested it with numerous youtube vids

Reaction score
At the bottom of the playing YouTube movie there is a bar that pops up.On the left you have Play, Mute, then the rectangle slides to the right is the volume, see if that helps.

Reaction score
Hi,

Try two things firstly plug a set of head phones and see if you can increase the volume, secondly as my screen shot open SP > Sound then increase the sound via the menu bar icon and see if the setting increases/ decreases as well in SP>Sound window.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-10 at 15.54.23.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-10 at 15.54.23.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 335

Ask a Question