Hp prints green instead of black Mojave

Reaction score
I use Macbook Pro with Mojave(10.14.5) and HP Officejet 5610 All-in-one printer.Printing of any scanned document prints green instead of black.Any other document prints black where it is supposed to be black.Checked my ink levels and all ok.Scanned documents prints black to same printer from Ubuntu.Any solution?Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Also, have you checked the ink levels...I have seen this if magenta or black is running low or out.

C

Reaction score
In HP utility it states :HP Inkjet7 Driver 2.0.5.If I go on HP website it recommends
Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 14.34.04.png

I downloaded that and installed it but it doesn't show in the next visit to HP Utility's that it was upgraded,Still shows Driver as 2.0.5.
Checked inklevels

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

The 5.1 version refers to the HP Printer Drivers v5.1 OS X file. The latest driver for your HP Officejet 5610 is version 2.0.5, which is included in that downloaded installer, so you are running the latest version - Printer and Scanner drivers for Mac - HP.

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 10.00.38.png

Sorry, re-read your original post, and see that you already checked ink levels. ;)

So, it is either a settings issue in the print dialog from the application you are printing the scanned image from, or the type of image. What type of scanned image file is it, and what application are you printing it from?

C

Reaction score
I have printed with Adobe and PDF from Preview.If I scan a document on my computer that was saved as PDF from Preview ,it prints green.I have also printed a scanned document that was emailed to me and it turns out green instead of black.Any non scanned documents print correctly.Thanks

Reaction score
I have checked everything.Reset factory settings,uninstalled and reinstalled driver,checked ink levels,checked alignment,cleaned print heads.Checking against Ubuntu the problem is with printing B&W with Mojave from a scanned document.Could be that the scanner is the problem but then Ubuntu will also print in green instead of black which it doesn't.

Ask a Question