How to stop iDVD from crashing continuously?

Reaction score
I got a brand new imac 24" 2.8 ghz the other day, this afternoon I tried to use iDVD, and it crashed when it was on the screen where you add movies to it. (Specifically, it crashed when trying to find iMovie project files, which could be because I don't have any, it being a new mac and all.) Anyway, every time I tried to use it after that, it crashed once it was on some kind of template loading screen. It could however get past the "save/load project" box.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and exactly the same thing happened again. I am now going to reinstall it a third time, and try using iDVD without going through that particular method of adding movie files to the dvd.

But I have had a look around the net, and it seems this problem is quite a common one. I've tried most of the solutions available, the common one seems to be to delete the plist file for it, that had zero effect for me.

I should mention I'm still relatively new to macs, I know my way around them but not enough to be great at working out solutions to problems. So I'd appreciate any tips anyone has.

Oh, and I'm running 10.5.5

Reaction score
Hmm... for the time being, it seems to have repaired itself. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't want to get excited and think it's done.

Ask a Question