How to quickly copy the location of a file in office 365

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to using Office 365 on mac.
If I have e.g. a powerpoint open, I might want to open the folder that containes that file. Or I might want to copy the file path for use in other contexts.
How do I quickly figure out where my file is stored from the application itself?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi and welcome aboard :)

I'm not sure if this is what you seek as I've never used Office on my Mac.

But when I have a file open and want to know its file path I hold down either the Command ⌘ or Control key then click on the files name in the top of the open file window to show its hierarchical file path.

This will also allow you to open the containing folder of any open file which I find extremely handy.

As for copying the file path if you had the file open and used the above method to open the containing folder you could copy the files path using this method:

Open Finder and right click or Control click the file to display the contextual menu. To show the copy pathname command you need to then hold down the Option key and you’ll see Copy change to Copy (name) as Pathname. Select this and the pathname is copied to the clipboard to be pasted where you need it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Marty

Ask a Question