Carbon Copy Cloner vs. SuperDuper

Reaction score
I'm upgrading my backup procedures, and am considering giving Carbon Copy Cloner a try. I've been using SuperDuper for years, but it seems the Smart Backups function is no longer working.

If you've used both programs and would like to compare them, that would be appreciated here. Thanks!

Reaction score
I have used both and my vote goes to SuperDuper, smart backups work fine for me. I had a small problem, about a year ago, with SuperDuper failing to establish ownership of a drive. I dropped an email to the developer and received a reply and a link to an updated version within an hour. I have not had a problem since.
To be fair when I have used Carbon Copy Cloner I have had no problems, I just prefer SuperDuper.

Reaction score
Yes, the SuperDuper developer is quite responsive, agreed. He wasn't able to solve my smart backups issue though. Full backups work fine, they just take forever. Well, eight or nine hours for about 700GB (via USB 2).

Thanks for your input. I've got the trial of CCC now, and will of course have to decide for myself. I suppose I'm just asking if there is any reason I shouldn't use CCC.

Ask a Question