How to Make a Copy of DVD Movies on Mac OS X

Reaction score
A few days ago, I wanted to make a copy of the DVD movie I have just bought on my Mac machine and I found a tool named Wondershare DVD Copy for Mac. I only intended to backup my movie, but I found it could also remove DVD protections, LOL, which is great because I could make more copies of my movies. So I got lots of the movies I collected copied onto new DVD discs and removed their protection mechanisms. I would say it is a very easy and fast tool. Well worth a try!
Here is the home page of this Mac copy tool: http://www.mac-dvd-ripper.com/mac-dvd-copy.html
It only takes a few easy steps to use it:
Step 1: Select DVD Source
dvd-copy-mac-sc.jpg

In the "Select Source" field, select "Select source DVD folder". Then browse your computer hard disc and select your DVD movie (either in a folder or from your DVD ROM).
Step 2: Select DVD Copy Method
In the "Select DVD Copy Method" field to select a method to output the selected DVD movie:
If you want to output your DVD movie to a folder on your hard disc, you can select the "Output DVD Folder" option, and specify a directory to save the copied DVD movie.
If you want to directly burn your DVD movie to a new DVD disc, you can just select the DVD ROM where you have inserted a blank DVD disc.
Step 3: Program Settings (Optional)
settings.jpg

Set Buffer Directory: Select a folder on a hard disc that has relatively big free space to store the temporary files.
Select Language: Select an interface language for the program.
Step 4: Start Copying DVD
Click the Start button to start copying your DVD movie and/or burning it to a new DVD disc.
If you are copying a DVD disc from your DVD ROM to a new DVD disc, you will be asked to insert a blank DVD disc. If so, you can just take the original DVD disc out and insert a blank DVD disc.

Ask a Question