How do I keep my Mac lean and clean?

Reaction score
What is the best way/app to keep my MacBook Pro lean and clean? So it will run as efficiently as possible.

Reaction score
OS X does the house cleaning, I leave mine on 24/7 so it has time overnight to do all those little jobs that need doing.

The only user action is to keep your Used Space on the Hard-drive to no more that 80%.

Reaction score
also many of the so called cleaner/leaner type apps can do serious damage to your System.

Reaction score
Hi,

I agree with Kaveman 100%re self cleaning jobs,:) and not filling your HD. But I also use ONYX which I know he does not like, :( but have used for years and if used correctly does a good job.

Reaction score
used correctly

LOL, Its not that I don't like AntiVirus and ONYX type utilities, my pay comes from fixing peoples Macs, those Apps help pay my wages.

I just wish people knew how to use them correctly and they didn't run amuck. Trust me in my job there is nothing worst than telling someone they have lost all the Photos, Music or Mail, especially when they installed and ran some unnecessary App. (cause some helpful person on the internet said it was the thing to do;-)

Reaction score
I just wish people knew how to use them correctly and they didn't run amuck.
I whole heartedly agree with what you say, and generally start my post ( in my personal opinion) IE not a blanket recommendation or a must.
When I moved to Apple I made a conscious decision never to boot camp and only run Apple software, in fact ONYX and Printopia ( as I don't have WiFi printers) are the only 3rd party software programs I have.
Trust me in my job there is nothing worst than telling someone they have lost all the Photos, Music or Mail, especially when they installed and ran some unnecessary App.

And again this is why running regular Backups are so important, and Apple have made the process every easy us to do.

Ask a Question