how do i connect my os9 to broadband?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

What type of Mac have you got ?

If it has an Ethernet port, that could be cabled up to a Router/switch to your broadband connection...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thank you as you can see I am new at this site and working my way around how it works but my mac is a imac the old blue desktop style.

It has the ether port and i have got as far as switching the TCP/IP to "Ethernet" and the Configure to "Using DHCP Server" it almost looks like is going to work and the tells me the login has failed? Regards Rachel

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

What other devices have you got on your network ?

What type of router modem have you got ?

What IP address is your router ?
(I don't need to know this but you do ;-))

Plug an ethernet cable into the iMac, plug the other end into the router/modem.

Then as you have done go to the TCP/IP Control panel,set using ethernet and select DHCP, then set the name server as the 'Router' IP address.

That should be it...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
my modem router is a iconnectaccess621 i have the ip address and no other devices that i know of on my network? will try again. regards nottman

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

from what I can see the default IP address of that router is 192.168.1.254 from this document

So that should be the Nameserver and Gateway IP address.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
thanks ric i got it set up needed to change the user mode in the TCP/IP to advanced and then added in the name server address.

Ask a Question