High sierra

Reaction score
when I go to updates it says high sierra is download but when I click on about this mac it only says 12.4.8?? What gives? I am currently having problems with my iPhone 6 and I needed the current iTunes to try and update it but I cannot get current iTunes without the current Mac software ugh, someone help.

Reaction score
Need the following information:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What Mac OS did you upgrade from?

3. Did you do the upgrade "in place", ie, just have High Sierra overwrite what was on your internal drive?

4. Are you making backups to an external device? That is so, so critical!

5. Have you ever done any disk cleanup, maintenance, and repairs, from a software perspective? You can actually do quite a lot of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with those tasks.

Reaction score
The "highest" Mac OS now is OS 10.13.1. The "12" as the first part of the OS is incorrect.

Reaction score
Need the following information:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What Mac OS did you upgrade from?

3. Did you do the upgrade "in place", ie, just have High Sierra overwrite what was on your internal drive?

4. Are you making backups to an external device? That is so, so critical!

5. Have you ever done any disk cleanup, maintenance, and repairs, from a software perspective? You can actually do quite a lot of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with those tasks.
I have an iMac 2.9GHZ Intel Corei5
Operating software 10.8.5

I hit upgrade and had to shut down a few times cause it froze but it now says installed but not when I go to about this Mac.

Reaction score
It looks like this is your Mac:

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-2.9-21-inch-aluminum-late-2013-specs.html

From that, it came with V10.8.4 of the Mac OS.

When you say you "hit upgrade", where exactly did you do that? I do not see that choice in the Finder.

Also, if it is/was High Sierra you (supposedly) got to, that is a HUGE jump, from OS 10.8.5 to OS 10.13.1. I suspect you did not first check whether or not any third party (ie, non-Apple) software you are using is compatible with High Sierra.

Also, you stated above that it shows the "new" OS as 12.8.4. There is no such version of the Mac OS. Do you mean 10.8.4? That would make a lot more sense. And V10.8.4 is not High Sierra. That is V10.13.1.

Ask a Question