help!!!!

Reaction score
I got the sony handy-cam for x-mas (the one with a touch screen and what not its eight gb too) and just found out after much confusion that it doesn't record in a mac recognizable format. I need to find a codec or a program that will play the videos I'm going to try widows media player in a moment so this might be for nothing but, if someone knows something for quicktime player that would be much help.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi unbentcrayfish, as you've found out, the MPEG-2 files created by your Sony Handy-Cam SX41 don't play well with Macs.

Also, Sony's Picture Motion Browser software that is included with the camcorder is Windows only.

Apple's iMovie '09 supports the files, but you can also convert them to a Mac-friendly format using a free application called MPEG Streamclip for Mac.

So, it looks like you're good to go ... :)

Reaction score
Thanks, and how do you know all of this? from looking around the site is there anything mac related that you dont know???

Ask a Question