Help!

Reaction score
:confused: PLEASE, CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF ITS POSSIBLE TO CONVERT A M3U AUDIO FILE TO EITHER AIFF OR MP3 AND IF SO HOW DO I DO IT?.. I TUNES WONT DO IT AND IVE TRIED TO FIND AN APPROPRIATE AUDIO FILE CONVERTER SOFTWARE BUT ALL IVE RUN ACROSS IS ALL FOR PCS..IM RUNNING 0SX 10.2.9. SWITCH WILL NOT CONVERT A M3U FILE...I HAVE A FRIEND WHO CAN CONVERT THEM FOR ME W/ HIS PC BUT IM TIRED OF WAITING ON HIM!LOL! THANKS FRIENDS. :cool:

karazelle

Reaction score
An M3U file is basically a "playlist", originally for the program WinAmp on Windows. It is a text file with a list of MP3 files and what order to play them... There is no music audio in them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U

You'll also usually notice that the file is significantly smaller than any random MP3 file unless it was for a HUGE music library.

Reaction score
try the simple first.
make your file types visible so you can see the .m3u then just change it to .mp3
changing file types similar to this has worked for me in the past

karazelle

Reaction score
If you cannot see the m3u extention, do this:
To show filetypes, Ctrl+Click or right click an m3u file and choose Get Info. There is an option to hide or show the extension.

If you can see it, right click or ctrl+click the file and choose Rename, then erase the m3u and write in .mp3, accept the warning to change it to mp3.

Keep my original advice in mind however, re: the files being playlists and not actually containing audio, if they refuse to play after doing this.

Ask a Question