Help?

Reaction score
Hi there!

Looked all over can't seem to find the answer to this here or anywhere else.

When I start up my mac after log in it automatically opens Exel and Word. I researched how to turn this off but am unable to find anything that works.
A couple of sites suggested going into system preferences > users & groups > login items. However I have nothing but iTunes listed here.
A few other sites suggest clicking and holding down over the icons and unchecking the option "open at login". I tried this too and both items were not selected to open at login. So I then (just in case there was a glitch of sorts) selected them to do so, logged out, logged back in, deselected the option, logged out, shut mac off, turned on after 10 minutes and... Exel and Word still open on their own.
If there is another, obvious, solution please do tell but don't snicker at me in front of your screen. =) I'm a new convert to Macs and iPhones from PCs and Androids.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Chelsee

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

Try this.
Before you shut down, Uncheck the box "Open windows when logging back in" as in my screen shot.
This is to say after you have select Restart or / Logout / Shutdown from the Apple menu it will show a dialog for the checkbox
that I mentioned above.
Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 21.12.41.png

Uncheck this box when restarting or shutting down.

Ask a Question