Help!

Reaction score
Hi,
So I have had my Mac OS X Macbook (Version 10.5.8) since November of 2008 and I just had something very odd occur. My laptop told me that I had an update, so I updated it. After that it started to act a little funny, but nothing serious. When I tried to log into my only account the next time I was going to log in, when I entered my password, it told me this: "You are unable to log in to the FileVault user account "Jennifer" at this time. Logging in to the account failed because an error occurred." I tried using my master password to create a new password, but that didn't work. When I enter my password, the box doesn't even shake, that message about an error occurring just pops up every time. I tried restarting my computer several times, but it doesn't do anything. I googled this problem, and the only thing I have seen is trying the reboot disk, which I do not have right now. If anybody could help me with this problem, I would appreciate it SO much. My e-mail is (e-mail address removed). Thank you!

Reaction score
if you have FileVault enabled then you should go to an AppleCare service centre ASAP, you stuff this up and your user-space is GONE.

Ask a Question