help with update!

Reaction score
im running the original black macbook, 2ghz intel core duo, upgraded to 2 gigs of memory at 667mhz
im still running tiger. i have the grey leopard cds, i put them in restart computer , choose my language, and then it say "mac osx is unable to install on this computer" , or somthing to that effect .
should i do a complete erase of the harddrive then try to boot from cd? i dont have original tiger cds so i dont want to end up getting stuck witha comp that doesnt have a osx on it.
new to macs. so i dont even know how to do a complete erase

Reaction score
Hello,
It appears that you are going to need a retail installation disk. The gray disks are machine specific.

Reaction score
really? that would make sense.
but i had tried it with the snow leopard cd , the one that says "updates disk" or somthing
it had said that you need leopard for snow leopard. i had heard that you can go from tiger to sl, using the 29 disk, any word?

Reaction score
You don't need Leopard to install Snow Leopard. Although I had Leopard installed on my iMac, I did an erase & install of Snow Leopard and it's been running perfectly. Incidentally, if you install Snow Leopard, you might want to make it a point to install QuickTime 7 as well; QuickTime X leaves a lot to be desired.

Reaction score
if i do a clean install with sl , the 29 $ package , does it have all the applications needed? seems like a redundant question but its technically only supposed to be a upgrade, so you never know .

Ask a Question