Help with dvd's and making movies

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to make a dvd for my daughter's birthday using bits and pieces of old footage. I've downloaded some to imovie but I've got a couple of dvd's of her wedding etc and can't seem to copy them onto the hard drive in order to import them into imovie. Can't work out where I'm going wrong. Can't even find the controls to copy the dvd.

There is also some of her work on you tube that I'd like to use but don't know how to copy them A friend suggested Keep vid.com but downloaded it then couldn't open it.

Seriously need help as her b'day is on Thurs:confused:

Reaction score
You can't import from a VOB DVD, i.e. a DVD that plays in the DVD players. You need to Rip the footage into a format iMove can read. Checkout Handbreak, I use the AppleTV preset.

Again from YouTube, its not meant to happen, but you can use AllMyTube by wondershare.

Note: no affiliation to either products, both have free options.

Reaction score
Thank you Kaveman. I'm trying it now but the dvd is making a strange noise. Might have to leave it until the morning. I suppose I should read upon how to use Handbrake before I try it.

Reaction score
It's working. Thank you so much. I haven't tried the you tube solution yet but will let you know. Thanks

Ask a Question