HELP in kext files

Reaction score
Hello. I stupidly deleted this files:

AppleADBMouse.kext
AppleHIDMouse.kext

After that, when i restart the computer, appears a messages about "system extension could not be used" saying that AppleADBMouse.kext and AppleHIDMouse.kext are not correctly installed.

How can I recover this files? I made a copy of them to system>library>extensions, but it isn't working.

Can someone please help me? :( thanks in advance.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I made a copy of them to system>library>extensions, but it isn't working.

What exactly do you mean by this? Please be detailed in your reply ;)

Were you trying to troubleshoot your Mighty Mouse ... is that why you deleted these kext files?

Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by this? Please be detailed in your reply ;)

Were you trying to troubleshoot your Mighty Mouse ... is that why you deleted these kext files?

Ok, ok, i'll try to explain it :)

I'm a mac user since yesterday, so i get doing things without knowing exactly what i'm doing. :confused:

I have a macbook and the 10.5.2 OS X version running. I was having trouble with using the secondary button in the right side of the mighty mouse. So I searched about it and found this site:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070103082828118

where someone says " What finally worked for me is: Go: Macintosh HD>System>Library>Extentsions and delete the files AppleADBMouse.kext and
AppleHIDMouse.kext ".

Well, I did it. After i did it, my right click started to work better, but when i restart the computer there is a warning saying about apppleadbmouse.kext and applehidmouse.kext that "System Extension could not be used".

What i did, after that, was going to the trash and getting back those files to the same place they were before: System>Library>Extensions. But when I restart the computer there is always the same system warning about those files being corrupted and not being used.
Sorry about my english, hope you understand. Thank you. :eek:

Reaction score
Ok, ok, i'll try to explain it :)

I'm a mac user since yesterday, so i get doing things without knowing exactly what i'm doing. :confused:

I have a macbook and the 10.5.2 OS X version running. I was having trouble with using the secondary button in the right side of the mighty mouse. So I searched about it and found this site:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070103082828118

where someone says " What finally worked for me is: Go: Macintosh HD>System>Library>Extentsions and delete the files AppleADBMouse.kext and
AppleHIDMouse.kext ".

Well, I did it. After i did it, my right click started to work better, but when i restart the computer there is a warning saying about apppleadbmouse.kext and applehidmouse.kext that "System Extension could not be used".

What i did, after that, was going to the trash and getting back those files to the same place they were before: System>Library>Extensions. But when I restart the computer there is always the same system warning about those files being corrupted and not being used.
Sorry about my english, hope you understand. Thank you. :eek:
Hello, Try repairing permissions.
http://kb.iu.edu/data/aoxn.html

Ask a Question