HELP!! IMac says I'm low on memory

Reaction score
I am trying to work in Excel on my Mac X 10, never had a problem before but now I can not even add a row because I get a pop-up that says Memory Too Low. I check my activity ,moniter and I have 1.8 GB free memory, 565 Wired (whatever that means), 904 MB active, 781MG InActive and 2.19 USED, I hope not USED UP!

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
This is a Excel / Microsoft bug. Try a restart, don't leave Excel open for long periods of time and always log out/in or restart after using.

Reaction score
Kaveman,

Thanks for the reply(s). I am a researcher and leave my Excel open all the time my 'puter is on, several Excel files in fact, have for nearly two years now with this Mac and six years before that on a PC. May have to go back to a PC. At least for MS Office not as stable on the Mac.

Reaction score
Kaveman,

I am using MS 2008 and am afraid to update any further. Seems to me that every update MS makes gets less stable and does far less than the previous version. I wish I could use 2003 on my Mac!

Ask a Question