HELP!!! IMAC REINSTALLATION ISSUES!

Reaction score
First off ill let you know that im not all that familiar with apple. I am attempting to reinstall Yosemite on my 2009 iMac that I just purchased from a friend of a friend with no installation disc. I followed the instructions to format my hard drive and went back to OS X utilities and tried to reinstall operating system and it will not let me. Apparently I must of reformatted the hard drive incorrectly because it tells me this...
applecare-png.2166

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Just a friendly note - all CAPS represents yelling in online communications. ;)

Many times this error is shown because the Mac isn' connected to the Internet. Make sure you are connected via an Ethernet cable, or signed into your Wi-Fi before staring the install. Sometimes however, you will need to use an OS X USB installer created on another Mac with an app like DiskMaker X.

Do you have an Apple Store near you? They can easily assist you and get it installed.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Also, I just took a second look at your screenshot, and it looks like you are attempting to install OS X Yosemite in a Parallels virtual machine. Is that correct?

C

Ask a Question