Help - Facebook video on MacBook Air

Reaction score
Hi all - new to here but I imagine I'll spend a long time on it, as I'm just making the trasition from Windows to Mac! I'm using a MAcBook Air running on OS X 10.8.3 and wondering if there any way to make Facebook video chat work between my Mac and someone's Windows laptop? It takes forever to connect a call currently and when it connects the other person see's and hears me perfectly, but my video screen freezes and I'm left staring at a flickering frozen screen of myself. It's making me crazy! A few people said it could be something to do with my camera being through FaceTime? Facebook video is obviously powered by Skype.

Any help at all would be appreciated - this is driving me insane!

PS Keep in mind I'm a Mac newbie :)

Cheers!

Reaction score
Hi Emma8185 and welcome,

A few people said it could be something to do with my camera being through FaceTime? Facebook video is obviously powered by Skype.
Should make no difference at all, as I use Skype on Mac daily for video calling. (never use Facebook)

Looking thought the Skype forum for mac, seems there is an issue re Facebook only, there are many posts like yours.
https://support.skype.com/en/

Ask a Question