Help! Can only paste strange url

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First off, I'm operating a Macbook 10.5.1 that runs Leopard.

Earlier today I was copy/pasting links from my photobucket account onto another website. Suddenly, the only thing I was able to paste was this strange url:

(URL REMOVED)

I didn't click it or go to the site.

No matter what I copy, this url is all I can paste. It's not ust on Safari either, it only pastes the url on Microsoft Word as well.

What is this? I'm worried it's some kind of virus (I know I'm pretty protected on a Mac, but still).

Does anyone know what the hell this is and how I can fix it?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First off, I'm operating a Macbook 10.5.1 that runs Leopard.

Earlier today I was copy/pasting links from my photobucket account onto another website. Suddenly, the only thing I was able to paste was this strange url:

(URL REMOVED)

I didn't click it or go to the site.

No matter what I copy, this url is all I can paste. It's not ust on Safari either, it only pastes the url on Microsoft Word as well.

What is this? I'm worried it's some kind of virus (I know I'm pretty protected on a Mac, but still).

Does anyone know what the hell this is and how I can fix it?
I'm not sure exactly what that was but it wasn't good. According to Norton, it was a misleading application (see attachment).

Attachments

• SafariScreenSnapz001.jpg
    SafariScreenSnapz001.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 240
Reaction score
A friend of mine ended up telling me that it tries to get you to go the website and download an application which then infects your computer.

They recommended that I go back to Photobucket, hold down the control key and refresh the page.

Voila, my paste is back to normal.

It hasn't just been a problem on photobucket, but on other image hosting sites like imageshack. How bizarre. :/

Reaction score
A friend of mine ended up telling me that it tries to get you to go the website and download an application which then infects your computer.

They recommended that I go back to Photobucket, hold down the control key and refresh the page.

Voila, my paste is back to normal.

It hasn't just been a problem on photobucket, but on other image hosting sites like imageshack. How bizarre. :/

Yep, looks like your friend and Norton are in agreement. It's strange that the URL was copied to your clipboard and you couldn't copy anything else. Perhaps restarting your Mac could have solved this problem as well. It's too bad that these knuckleheads don't have anything better to do than trying to infect people's computers.

Ask a Question