Help! Business iMac (mid-2010) crashes...

Reaction score
The computer is part of a network of three similar iMacs, iPads, iPhones, etc. in a small legal office.

The computer is an iMac 11,2 with 3.03GHz Core i3, 12GB RAM and plenty of room left on the 500GB HDD, which has been tested and declared fine by both AppleCare and myself. So far, I've tried:

Replacing the hard drive... no change

Wiping the original HDD and reinstalling Yosemite from the AppStore, reinstalling all applications from latest installers ( Acrobat Pro, MS Office, FireFox, Chrome, Skype, etc. all from genuine installers)... no change.

Replaced with a NEW 2015 iMac, transferred data from TimeMachine backup... no change. Returned the iMac for refund.

Reinstalled the original iMac from scratch... new Yosemite installation, fresh software installations like before... after all that done, used Migration Assistant to migrate ONLY the user account... no change... same crashing. Attached is a copy of the crash log since then... see attached pdf file

Attachments

• BearTrap.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 679

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner.

The thing that stands out to me from the crash report is the multiple references to SugarSync. SugarSync is listed numerous times.

-Did the crashing happen on either iMac if you did a clean install and did not perform the migration?
-Does it happen if you have no external HDs (including your WD) or other peripherals attached?

I would try:

-Perform another wipe and clean install
-Create only a test account
-Run all software updates for the OS
-Don't connect the WD or other external devices

If the crashing stops, then it is something in the migrated user that is causing the issue and we can go from there.

C

Ask a Question