Hello folks. Yup! I am a newbie .

Reaction score
I am so comp illiterate That It took me 5 min to find the new thread box. I know you kind folks will be able to help me with my Questions. I live in north east B C . Canada. I am 76 yrs. old and when I was younger ,I loved to hike and hunt ,fish, and run a trapline. Now I just fish. I have been a cement finisher, brick layer and small engine mechanic. I used to have my own small engine repair business. Now I make wooden cutting boards and jewellery boxes as a hobby. Thats about it for now. Lone Duck. (ps ok now how do i send this thing?

Reaction score
Welcome, Lone Duck. You will find quite a few helpful folks here. When you make a post requesting assistance, make sure to include the following information:

1. The exact Mac model you have.

2. The exact Mac OS you are running.

3. If you have ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs from a software perspective.

4. This one is critical: if you are making backups to an external device, and if you are, what software you are using for that task.

By the way, we are "kind of" neighbors. I am located just south of Seattle, and I just turned 74. I actually like to go swimming in the winter (at an LA Fitness), and do quite a bit of hiking from the spring through the early fall. Part of that includes picking ferns, blackberries, grapes, plums, and chestnuts (my wife makes excellent wine from the blackberries and grapes). As I suspect you know, we live up in "God's country", in terms of the natural beauty.

Once again, welcome!

Reaction score
I am so comp illiterate That It took me 5 min to find the new thread box. I know you kind folks will be able to help me with my Questions. I live in north east B C . Canada. I am 76 yrs. old and when I was younger ,I loved to hike and hunt ,fish, and run a trapline. Now I just fish. I have been a cement finisher, brick layer and small engine mechanic. I used to have my own small engine repair business. Now I make wooden cutting boards and jewellery boxes as a hobby. Thats about it for now. Lone Duck. (ps ok now how do i send this thing?
Welcome, Lone Duck. You will find quite a few helpful folks here. When you make a post requesting assistance, make sure to include the following information:

1. The exact Mac model you have.

2. The exact Mac OS you are running.

3. If you have ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs from a software perspective.

4. This one is critical: if you are making backups to an external device, and if you are, what software you are using for that task.

By the way, we are "kind of" neighbors. I am located just south of Seattle, and I just turned 74. I actually like to go swimming in the winter (at an LA Fitness), and do quite a bit of hiking from the spring through the early fall. Part of that includes picking ferns, blackberries, grapes, plums, and chestnuts (my wife makes excellent wine from the blackberries and grapes). As I suspect you know, we live up in "God's country", in terms of the natural beauty.

Once again, welcome!

Hello Honestone Thank you for your kind welcome. Yes we are sort of neighbours. I live mile 300 alaska hwy. Fort nelson. About 1500 miles between us ,That is sort of close for the internet . I have been watching the blogs here and can't find a similar question so I will post mine later. Once again thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question